sábado, 19 de abril de 2008

Eva La Rue, CSI by Matt Webb Mitovich, July 2007, 16th

CSI: Miami Star Clears the Air About New "Office Romance" by Matt Webb Mitovich
Eva La Rue, CSI: Miami Is romance in the air for a pair of CSI: Miami crime-solvers? Who might be packing heat this season? And how can you — yes, you — score a "date" with the lovely Natalia Boa Vista? Just before returning to work this week on the hit CBS procedural, Eva La Rue discussed with TVGuide.com those hot topics and more!
TVGuide.com: Natalia had quite a year, with the ex-husband showing up and then getting murdered, her sister being abducted....Eva La Rue: I know, it was a very crazy year!
TVGuide.com: It seems as if someone gets promoted there, it's not necessarily a good thing!La Rue: No, it's not! If Natalia wanted to have a more fly-under-the-radar, lay-low year after being the mole, I don't think it really happened. [Laughs]
TVGuide.com: Working the pharmacy at CVS is probably looking good to her now.La Rue: Exactly.
TVGuide.com: Have you heard about any changes or tweaks for the upcoming season of CSI: Miami?La Rue: No. As a matter of fact I'm waiting to get my script. So I have no idea what's happening. I ran into Emily [Procter] a few days ago and she had just gotten hers, but she hadn't read it yet. She's already in Florida, but I have another week of vacation. I'm in the same episode, but all of her scenes are exterior.
TVGuide.com: What do you make of this flirtation we're starting to see between Calleigh and Delko?La Rue: Well, at the end [of the season], didn't it look like she went with Jake?
TVGuide.com: Yeah, but we know how soapy things can get.La Rue: I know, I know.... I might be wrong, but as "Joe Viewer," it looked to me like Calleigh's intent was one of caring for him as her partner, and Delko took it to be a little more personal — probably egged on by Natalia.
TVGuide.com: Plus, that's just what guys do. We like to think the pretty blonde is more interested in us than she is.La Rue: [Laughs] But I think Calleigh's interest was more motherly, because Delko had come back from being shot. In the end, she's not quite over Jake.
TVGuide.com: What does Natalia think of Maxine these days? They used to be on equal footing, but with Natalia's promotion, their relationship got a bit more antagonistic.La Rue: It's funny, they were friends in the beginning, but I never got the feeling that Maxine really trusted Natalia, and obviously she shouldn't have. And then in the second season, Maxine started dating my ex-husband, even though she didn't know that, but when she did find out, she should have steered clear. I think Natalia still cares about what happens to Maxine, but I don't think it's a deep friendship there. You don't have to love everybody you work with.
TVGuide.com: What would you like to see Natalia do this season, even if it's a one-shot deal?La Rue: She hasn't been able to qualify for her gun license yet, but I think they're going to get into that. I don't have any interest in seeing her stay on the straight and narrow, so as long as she's always in some sort of predicament, I like that.
TVGuide.com: Now, what's this thing going on where some lucky sap can win a date with you?La Rue: Oh, that! [Laughs] But it could be a girl, too, in which case we'd go have a girls' shopping day. It's a promotion that Claritin is doing, a "Win a Perfectly Clear Day with..." sweepstakes where we will either go shopping, or....
TVGuide.com: Back up, because it says here "A day of horseback riding with Eva, a day of golf with Ronnie Lott or a makeover with Ken Paves."La Rue: It's horseback riding, I guess, if you horseback ride. It depends on who wins.
TVGuide.com: If not, it's Rodeo Drive? On Eva's Amex?La Rue: Not on my Amex!
TVGuide.com: Ken Paves is, like, a makeup artist to the stars, right?La Rue: Yeah, he is. I'd like to win that one!
TVGuide.com: Why Claritin? Do you happen to be an allergy sufferer?La Rue: Yeah, I totally am. Back in the day, there were only a few things you could take, but they just made me jittery yet foggy. So when Claritin came on the market, it was the only thing I could use that would let me go to work alert and focused at [All My Children].
TVGuide.com: I didn't have allergies for some 30 years, and then I move out of the city into the suburbs and wham.La Rue: Exactly. See, for me, I moved form Los Angeles to New York City, but right across the street from the park, and I couldn't leave the building, it was so bad. On the soap we had to memorize a lot of pages a day, so I could not go in there foggy, but Claritin cleared that all right up.
TVGuide.com: What kind of TV do you like these days?La Rue: Well, I watch CSI: Miami now, and....
TVGuide.com: Are you obligated to watch the other two flavors of CSI?La Rue: No, I don't think we are. And I don't, just out of crosstown rivalry. [Laughs]
TVGuide.com: Les Moonves doesn't come to your home and hard-code your DVR to record them all?La Rue: No, surprise! But I love Grey's Anatomy, and I am the biggest, biggest sap for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I sit there with a box of tissues on the couch every Sunday night. I love it. Unfortunately, though, when the TV is on, it's usually some version of Hannah Montana or Even Steven.... [La Rue has a 5 -year-old daughter named Kaya.]
TVGuide.com: Or High School Musical for the 100th time.La Rue: Aye-yi-yi! Will the second one just come out already?!
TVGuide.com: One of my editors wants to know if you ever laugh at "the line," that is, what Horatio says before the opening credits?La Rue: He's sort of our Arnold Schwarzenegger, like "The Terminator — CSI: Miami." He's got these "I'll be back" lines, and he makes it work.
TVGuide.com: Have you seen the compilation on YouTube? It's seven minutes of his best lines, complete with the sunglasses snaps. La Rue: No! Send me the link. He would think that's really funny.
TVGuide.com: Oh, at the May upfronts he intro'd each night's programming! "In Miami" — sunglasses snap — "we call Wednesday 'el dia de la hump.'"La Rue: He's got the best sense of humor, and that's why those lines work.

No hay comentarios: